In January 2013, Equity and Diversity will accept mini grant applications for projects that promote integrated learning opportunities. These mini grants will be awarded to schools that make voluntary interracial contact possible for students between schools within the MPS District.
All projects must involve at least one MPS racially identified school collaborating with one of the following:
• A MPS non-racially identified school,
• a non-MPS school within the within the West Metro Education Program
• or a community-based organization.
Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $20,000 per project. Applications will be evaluated by an MPS review team and the Office of Equity & Diversity using all of the criteria outlined in the application. Applications for the 2012-2013 process in the side bar of this page. For more information please contact Shana Olagbaju.
Below is a timeline for this opportunity:
• Application deadline-- January 18th, 2013
• Applications reviewed – Week of January 21st , 2013
• Mini-grant awardees announced – Week of January 28th, 2013
• Funds uploaded -- Week of January 28th, 2013 · Spending deadline--June 30th, 2013
Shana D. Olagbaju Email:Shana.Olagbaju@mpls.k12.mn.us Phone: 612.668.0114.
Mini Grant Rubric
Mini Grant Application
Mini Grant Final Report
Racially Identifiable Schools List 11-12
Racially Isolated Districts List 11-12